Sunday, June 10, 2012

Narwhal 2











Narwhal 2

Thanks for the interesting comments regarding yesterday's photos. The second  photo this morning is the most popular image that I made of the narwhal. I assume it is because it shows a good view of the tusk as well as the shape of its head. The eighth photo was taken when the narwhal stopped in the water and raised its head as though it was curious about me. At the time, I was sitting on the gunnels of the boat with camera in hand.

Once, when the narwhal dove deep, I leaned over the side of the boat and saw it swimming straight up - directly towards me. To be honest, I was a little nervous that it was going to keep coming, but it slowed down and surfaced nearby. To capture the ninth image, I was shooting into the ocean and though the photo is not totally clear (the whale is moving through the water nearly 30 feet below), I've always liked the abstract image.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...