Thursday, April 24, 2008

Trees

The trees that grow in Newfoundland and Labrador are not really very tall compared to trees in the rest of North America.

The two photos I am sharing this morning show trees on the west coast of the island of Newfoundland. The first was taken in Gros Morne National Park near Lomond in Bonne Bay. As I drove around a huge turn, I saw the stand of trees on a small hill in front of me. I stopped the car and photographed the trees from the side of the highway. The sun was directly behind so the shadows of trees on the opposite side of the road were in the foreground.

The second photo was taken on the Viking Trail between Deer Lake and Gros Morne. This will show the relative size of the trees compared to the cabins around the lake. I would say the trees in this area reach around 30 - 40 feet in height.

Believe it or not, As I searched for photos of trees I realized that I didn't have a lot of images that would show their heights. Most of my photos include trees as part of a scene or close-ups of the flowers, leaves and needles.

Of course, you can visit my Plants Galleries at:
http://www.lanephotography.com/plants.htm



No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...