Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Old Book

Many years ago someone gave me a few old books and one of them was Shakespeare's Dramatic Works, published in 1859. The cover on this book is a work of art so I am sharing a couple of photos to show you what it is like.

One would think that such an old book may be worth something, however I have been unable to find the value of the book online. Once I saw a show on TV and the narrator said that if books from that period had illustrations, they may be worth money because the technology for duplicating illustrations hadn't been perfected and only a few could be made before another original had to be drawn.

On e-bay, I saw the Complete Works of Shakespeare from around the same time and the highest bid was $ 9.00. If anyone out there knows the value of books like this, I would be happy to find out.




No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...