Sunday, April 06, 2008

Guess the Theme, Continued

The two photographs today are connected by a theme. As well, they are also connected to the two photos I sent yesterday by the same theme. Twenty people guessed after yesterday's photos, but no one guessed it correctly. Good luck today.

The first photo today shows sheep feeding on the cliffs in Upper Island Cove, Conception Bay. Newfoundland and Labrador has its own species of sheep, but I am not sure about the species these particular animals. The photos of the flowers were taken several years ago, but I have not identified the species.

I hiked on snowshoes for two hours yesterday and walked to an area I hadn't visited before. It was a beautiful April Day; sunny warm and snow melting everywhere!

As I was walking through a stand of mature forest I heard what I thought was a dog or a coyote. Not long after, I heard a second animal and both were getting closer to my position. I couldn't see them, but could tell from the sounds that they were pretty close. Then, after making a few howls, they went off in the opposite direction. As I walked back home, they followed me again for a few minutes, but I didn't see them during the entire time. To be honest, I was a little nervous, but am planning another hike up there again this morning.





2 comments:

bearkat said...

good morning bruce.....hope you have as nice a hike today as you did yesterday...minus the critters though!!....could it have been wolves??.......okay i think you are having too much fun with your theme thing....lets see...dolphins, icebergs, sheep, flowers....mother nature????....not sure on the flowers, but they look like they could be from the begonia family....have a good day!!!!

K. Bruce Lane - Photo of the Day said...

Hi,

Keep trying!! :)

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...