Saturday, April 26, 2008

Chipmunk

Yesterday afternoon I walked outside my back door and saw a chipmunk just a few feet from my deck. It was the first opportunity I have had to photograph a chipmunk since moving to Holyrood 26 years ago.

These cute little animals are similar to squirrels but tend to live on the ground. They are not native to the island of Newfoundland. They were introduced to the Butterpot Park area around 40 years ago and have been around Holyrood since I moved here. Apparently they have not adapted well and are not widespread.

I created a Chipmunk Gallery at:
http://lanephotography.com/animals/chipmunk/chipmunk_01.htm



2 comments:

bearkat said...

aww...reminded me of our family vacations in the mountains...when we would try to feed them:)....i know you are very busy....but i really do enjoy your blog..thanks and have a good weekend....looks like we are in for +14 or so for a few days......take care!!

K. Bruce Lane - Photo of the Day said...

I am glad you are enjoying my Blog. As I have said before, I usually answer people who email me directly rather than post remarks here.

I do appreciate all feedback so feel free to comment whenever you wish.

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...