Friday, October 12, 2007

Wild Cherries

On the way home from work yesterday, I stopped to photograph wild cherries growing on a tree alongside the road. It was sunny and clear and the sun was behind the trees.

The first shows a branch laden with berries with the blue sky in the background. The second is a closer view of the same branch. The third shows a bunch of cherries, many of which are out of focus.

This was a challenging photo shoot because of the lighting and the moving branches (it was a little windy). When shooting close ups, only the berries that I focused on are in focus; the rest are fuzzy. If I used a wider angle lens the berries would be hardly noticeable.

I also liked the fact that I could see the seed inside the cherries.






No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...