Saturday, October 20, 2007

People

I chose a couple of People photos again this morning. As I said a couple of weeks ago, I shoot many candid photos of people just doing the things that they normally do.

The two photos this morning were taken just a few minutes apart in July, 2001. I noticed an older gentleman painting his fishing stage and he was not aware that I was making this photo. I found it interesting that he was painting around the piece of wood that he had used to cover a window. The side of the shed was in shade, but he was lit by the mid-day sun (photo taken at 12:44).

I was photographing the open door in the second photo when a guy walked into the scene behind the fishing stage. He is well lit because I was metering off the bright door and he was also in the bright light. The door in the foreground frames the darkness in the shed which frames the door in the background which frames the person. It was just pure luck that I was there to capture this image.

These people photos are good examples of my theme - EVERYTHING'S A PICTURE. Many people on this list have stated they look at the world differently because of the daily photos and comments that I share. Those responses are reinforcement of my theory that "seeing" the world through the viewfinder of a camera actually changes the way you look at the world. The more you get "into" photography, the more of an effect it has.




No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...