Sunday, October 21, 2007

Art

I am not sure how many of you enjoy looking at "art", but this morning I am sharing three photos taken on the Halifax waterfront during their Busker Festival last August.

As I walked by the various venues and shops, I took time to photograph some of the art that was on sale. The bright blue eyes of the cat sculpture and the expression on the face of the wooden sculpture certainly caught my attention.

The young lady getting her face painted looked very calm and peaceful as an artist used her face as a canvas. I really liked the hands, colours and expression on her face. I could have waited until her eyes were open and asked her if I could photograph the face painting, but I decided to capture the "act" of painting rather than have her look directly at the camera.

I often make images of common objects that many people enjoy even though they would never think of photographing them.

If you are interested in seeing a few more images of the Busker festival, visit my Photo of the Day Blog and check back through the archives to August 2006.
www.kbrucelane.blogspot.com





No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...