Thursday, December 19, 2013

Tarquinia


















Tarquinia

Our next port of call was Civitivecchia, Italy which is also known as the Port of Rome.  Most people on cruise ships take tours to Rome, but we decided to visit the medieval village of Tarquinia, about 30 minutes drive from the dock.

As you can see from the photos, it was a wet day in this beautiful community.  We arrived in the middle of a thunder and lightning storm, the first we had experienced after 3 visits to the Mediterranean.  Fortunately, we took an umbrella with us and my wife and I huddled under it as we walked along the narrow streets.

Since I was making photos in the rain, I decided to use my Nikon P500 camera instead of my Canon EOS digital SLR.  First of all, it is smaller and I could easily hide it under my jacket to avoid getting it wet.  Secondly, it makes decent photos in low light situations.


Because of the heavy rain, we drove around the countryside for an hour or so before going into the town.  Even though we were there for an hour and a half, I took only 20 or 30 photos - it was just too wet to make photos.  :(

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...