Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas 8
















Christmas 8

I had planned to share more photos of Christmas, but yesterday was such a beautiful day that I just had to make a few photos of the snowy trees.  We have more snow this Christmas than we've had this time of the year for many years.  I've heard several people call it an "old-fashioned winter".   We are due another 20 cm (8 in) again today.


The first photo shows my house and driveway, which seems very long this time of the year.  Luckily, my son has a truck and plows it regularly.  I made many images of the beautiful trees with snow on the branches and deep blue sky in the background.  I also photographed a snow plow coming towards me on the highway.  Of course I moved back when it passed by the bottom of my driveway.

The eleventh image shows Holyrood Harbour with George Cove Mountain in the background.  The wreath with red ribbons caught my attention and I stopped to make a photo of the Christmas door.  

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...