Thursday, February 21, 2013

Ephesus, Turkey 6



















 
Ephesus, Turkey 6

The photos I have uploaded today show more columns and a storage site where visitors can view numerous pieces of stone and columns that have been unearthed by archaeologists. If you have an interest in history and/or archaeology, it would be worth your while to have a look at the photos of the ruins of Ephesus that I've been uploading over the past week.

There is one image of a huge Roman theatre which I didn't get a chance to visit because of time restraints. I was disappointed because it was huge and the only angle I could take a photograph was into the direct light of the sun which was certainly not ideal.

We arrived in time for a short performance in which musicians announced the arrival of Cleopatra and her entourage who watched gladiators fighting. I had a pretty good seat and was able to make a few photos of the performance. I've shared a few today and will share the rest tomorrow. If you are interested in reading more about Cleopatra and why she visited Ephesus, check this link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleopatra. I read through it last night and was surprised to learn that she ordered that her sister be killed and it was done on the steps of the Temple of Artemis in Ephesus.

Newfoundland and Labrador
Link of the Day





Photos of the Day are for sale as:


No comments:

People

People It's been a while since I shared photos of people going about their daily activities, but I'll add more photos to my People 4...