Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Venice 16











Venice 16

Today is the last in my series on Venice and I chose to share a few photos of the outside of St. Mark's Basilica. As I said previously, I plan a separate Church series later when I will share photos of the inside of the churches I photographed in Europe. However, I didn't get to photograph the inside of this church: the first day there was too long a line and the second was a Sunday morning at it was open for masses only and I didn't feel like intruding on the religious service.

Today's photos show art on the outside of the magnificent building which is an example of Byzantine, Roman and Gothic architecture dating back to 1021.

For the next week or so I will upload photos of Ravenna, Italy and Dubrovnik, Croatia to my Blog, but I will not be sending my email version of Photo of the Day. Feel free to check my Blog (Photo of the Day Blog) each day. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...