Monday, August 15, 2011

Venice 14












Venice 14

I am nearing the end of the Venice series and have chosen more people pictures to share with you today. As you can see, I shoot candid photos of people going about their daily activities and I seldom pose a person in front of a building or other attraction. Over the years, I watched as people were photographed in front of the strangest things. The wierdest was a couple of women who were having their pictures taken in front of a public washroom sign at the Barcelona airport. I've seen lots of people being photographed in front of restaurants, buildings, mountains, lighthouses, boats, etc. but that was one of the strangest I have ever seen.

The first shows an artist at work. Interestingly, the artists create artwork for sale right on the street where one can watch the creative process. I've uploaded a few more of artists to my Blog this morning. The second shows a young girl feeding pigeons in St. Mark's Square. Quite a few people were feeding pigeons there and I made a few images.

As I walked along the narrow streets of Venice a door opened ahead of me and a woman dressed in a shawl and long dress stepped through a doorway. She was smoking a cigarette and walked so fast that I could barely keep up with her. I was able to get a photo of her just as she quickly turned the corner. Later, I saw her begging for money on a busy street. Nearly everywhere I travelled in Europe, I saw many ladies dressed like that who were begging for money on a street, near churches, and near tourist attractions. I wondered if they really needed the money or just begged for cash for a living. I can guarantee that this particular person wasn't disabled because she could walk much faster than I. I guess most people don't give them cash because they know that it is possible that they are just trying to get money from tourists.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.


No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...