Saturday, March 19, 2011

B - Buildings







B - Buildings

As you can imagine, since I live in the woods with no neighbours nearby, I am amazed at the buildings in big cities and photograph them wherever I go.

In 1990, I was in Chicago on business and took a bus tour around the downtown streets which gave me an opportunity to make photos of the historical buildings. I also walked around the downtown to make photos. The advantage of the bus tour is that a guide provided historical information about the photos. Of course, I don't remember much of it after 20 years. I may return to a Cities theme when I get all my slides scanned.

Shooting from a bus has some disadvantages of course. First, the bus is moving so you don't get much time to compose a shot and you have to deal with the motion. Second, when the bus stops, there are often things that obstruct your view, and thirdly, you have to be careful not to include people's heads.

I liked the reflection of one building on another in the first photo. The interesting semi-circular balconies in a pair of buildings caught my attention. I was shooting almost straight up when photographing the last building which may be the Sears Tower. The sun reflecting off the windows in the last image was so bright that everything else is nearly black.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

1 comment:

William F Matthews said...

I particularly like the first one with one building reflected in another. When the weather is calm here, our lakes and ponds provide a good reflecting surface for the surrounding woods which are lovely in Autumn. A similar opportunity exists for photographing boats and marine 'items'.

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel In May 2016, my wife and I had a pleasurable stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta. Of cou...