Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Petty Harbour





Last Sunday I drove to Petty Harbour to make a few winter photographs of the community. It is March and the snow is melting more every day. It was 10°C (50°F) here for a couple of days and I can see the ground in some pars of my yard. Unless we get another snowstorm, which is common in this part of the world, I will soon be able to start working in my garden.

On January 14, 2011, I shared an image of the road leading to the harbour. There was a store in the photo and I wondered if it were still there. The first photo shows a similar view of the scene and the building is obviously still there, though it has changed - different paint and new windows.

I liked the reds and yellows which contrasted with the winter colours of snow and rock in the background. The second image shows a wider view of the scene.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Bald Eagles

Bald Eagles I spent a rainy day yesterday organizing my Facebook Albums that featured photographs of different bird species. Now, I can find...