Wednesday, October 01, 2008

X - Xylophone




Last May, a high school band from Fredericton, New Brunswick performed for our students and I photographed many of the musicians, especially their hands, as they played. When I saw the students playing the xylophone, I knew the photos would come in handy when I decided to do another alphabet theme. :)

I composed the first image to include 3 xylophones. Notice the movement of hands in the first two. I set the ISO at 1600 and shot without a tripod. I knew 1/30 sec was slow enough to capture a bit of movement as the students played the xylophone and that I should be able to keep the camera fairly steady.

These photos could also fit into my Musical Hands theme. If you wish to see more, just search my Blog for Hands -
Photo of the Day Blog. Or, feel free to check my Musical Hands Gallery on line at: http://lanephotography.com/hands/hands_01.htm

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...