Friday, October 24, 2008

Jets







On my trip back from Deer Lake, I saw the contrails of two aircraft that seemed to be flying close together. I pulled over and took a series of photos.

As you can imagine photographing aircraft that are speeding by at 500 miles per hour and are 5 or 6 miles up is a bit of a challenge. I used my 70-300 mm lens at maximum zoom. I followed the aircraft with my camera, shooting images very quickly. I held the camera as still as possible to keep the aircraft in focus. When I looked at them through the viewfinder, I could see that one aircraft was higher than the other. I was lucky that the flight path of the higher one intersected with the contrails of the lower one. Look closely at the second photo.



No comments:

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...