Friday, October 10, 2008

Fisherman




Yesterday's photos got quite a bit of positive feedback. Several of you commented that they were the best Photos of the Day ever!!

When you responded to my survey, several said that they liked it when I sent more than one version of the same photo. Today I chose a photo taken around 1980 of a fisherman mending his nets. I saw an "older" gentleman working in his yard in Leading Tickles and stopped to chat with him. I asked if I could take a few photos and he agreed. My favourite shot of the sequence I took that day was the first image. I converted to b & w, but after nearly 30 years of seeing the image in colour, I still like that version best!

To make this image, I focused on the net (it was hung to dry) which threw the man out of focus. You probably noticed that I kept the man in the centre of the photo but when I tried moving the camera to the left there was a pile of things and people that I found distracting. To the right the bright reflections off the ocean were too distracting. I cropped the third image a little closer to emphazize the fisherman more.


I'll be away for a couple of days and my Photo of the Day will continue on Monday.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...