Saturday, May 31, 2008

Horse

A few years ago, I was driving by Bryant's Cove and saw what I thought was a Newfoundland Pony (Yes, we have our own species of horse). I am not certain if this was a Newfoundland Pony or not, but it was a small horse compared to many I see on my travels.

The first photo was taken as I approached the animal. I wanted to show the entire animal in the setting - a large field on a cliff in Conception Bay.

The second photo is more abstract - When I focused on the grass and saw the horse looking towards me, I decided to take the photo even though the horse is out of focus. When I look at the first two photos I get different feelings.

I knelt down to capture the third image. Just as I was about to take the photo, something startled it and it drew its head back. At first I was disappointed, but when I reviewed the photo, I liked it.

I have 6 more photos of horses on line at:
http://lanephotography.com/horses/horses.htm




No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...