Saturday, May 24, 2008

Abstracts

Last summer on one of my many walks to the hills behind my house I photographed a pitcher plant from an unusual angle. I held the camera under the plant and shot upwards towards the sky. To be honest, I didn't like the result because it was a too bright in the top left corner.

Around the same time, I had downloaded a free paint program that I have since installed on the computers at school. Several students have been playing with it and getting interesting results. The program is called Paint.net. (
http://www.getpaint.net/ ) I am including three images that I created with the program.

The first is the original, which would have been more successful had the sun not been in the top left of the photo. I used one of the tools to swirl the flowers. I also removed one of the stems and started to create more cloud-like textures.


To make the third image, I flipped the image and removed the stem to make it a little more mysterious. The absence of the stem makes it harder to identify. The cloud textures and bright area still bothered me, so I removed it. I wondered what it would look like if I added the same image and flipped it in the opposite direction. I liked the result.


I was going to send the fourth image and have you guys guess what it was, but figured it would be very difficult. :)


I have more Photo Art and Shapes and Textures on line at:
http://lanephotography.com/abstracts.htm





No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...