Thursday, May 01, 2008

Ferryland

Ferryland is located on the Irish Loop, about an hour's drive from my home in Holyrood. I usually travel there once a year to take photos. They have an archeological dig and museum. You can take a tour through the dig and explore the remnants of buildings that date back nearly 400 years.

I liked the idea of a gossip bench but when I saw an older gentleman sit to read, I took a quick photo before he saw me.

You can also take a short walk (around 15 minutes) to the lighthouse where you can enjoy a picnic lunch while overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. This morning I chose to share a photo of the lighthouse. I used my wide angle lens to make the lighthouse small in comparison to the sky.

I have Ferryland Gallery at:
http://lanephotography.com/irish_loop/ferryland/ferryland.htm




No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...