Thursday, May 22, 2008

Hands

Yesterday, at school, we had a special presentation by a large high-school band from Fredericton, New Brunswick. I took over 100 photos of hands during the part of the presentation that I saw. I knew that I already have many photos of "musical" hands, but I don't often get a chance to photograph the hands of teenagers. I was glad I did, because they had some musical instruments that our kids don't use.

All photos were taken hand-held without a flash in the school gym. I changed the ISO to 1600 and took lots of photos because I knew that the hands were moving and it would be hard to capture an image that was in focus. The shutter speed ranged from 1/30 - 1/50 of a second.
I have a Musical Hands Gallery at:
http://lanephotography.com/hands/hands_01.htm




No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...