Monday, April 07, 2014

Old Barn - Deer Lake








Old Barn - Deer Lake

In 1993 I photographed an old barn along the side of the Viking Trail Highway in Deer Lake.  It was a cold winter day and the snow was pretty deep, but I figured that old barn wouldn't be there much longer so I made the effort to get through the snow to make a few photos.  By the time I got close enough to make photos, my boots were full of snow and my jeans were soaking wet, then I had to walk back out.  But it was worth it because the next summer I drove by and the barn was gone forever.  As you can see, it was in pretty bad shape when I made these images.

The photos were shot with a Canon AE-1 on Kodachrome colour slide film.

Feel free to share with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...