Friday, April 04, 2014

Holyrood














Holyrood

Today I tried my new camera.  The old Rebel XTi that I purchased in 2007 has been missing shots and the shutter hasn't sounded right for quite a while.  To be honest, I really liked that camera and the quality of the photos was always great and if it wasn't misfiring, I wouldn't buy a new one.
I recently purchased a Canon 60D kit from Costco that included the camera body, an 18-200 mm IS lens, a 50 mm (f 1.8) lens, a camera bag, and a 16 Gb Ultra fast card.  I realize the 70D has been out for a while, but since I was happy with a 7 year old camera, I figured the 60D would be an excellent choice.

The images I am sharing here and on my Blog were taken with my new camera and lens and was a good test.

The first photo shows the view from my son's back yard in Holyrood.  I have been viewing and hiking to these mountains for 32 years and am looking forward to my first hike there this year.  It may be a while since we had nearly 2 feet of snow this week!  However, the temperatures got up to about 8°C (46°F) today and the snow was melting fast!

There was a bit of ice left in the harbour after the storm and I made several photos from the boardwalk on Holyrood Beach! With melting snow, the North Arm River was flowing quickly into the harbour and ducks were taking advantage of any foods that were stirred up by the moving water.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...