Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Wolf






Wolves in Newfoundland have been extinct since 1930 so I have never seen a wolf in the wild. When I worked in Northern Ontario as a young geology student in the late 60s I often heard wolves howling in the evenings, but didn't see any.

In the early 1970s I saw wolves in small cages in several wildlife parks and hated to see them pacing back and forth. Enclosures in modern zoos are much bigger, but the wolves in Calgary Zoo were still pacing around their enclosure. The white wolf shown in today's photos was howling as we walked by, then it wandered around the enclosure stopping a couple of times for me to take its photo.

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...