Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Fall Colours 4






Today I chose photos that show leaves with the light filtering through them from behind. The veins in the leaves are emphasized by this lighting and I really like that effect.

The reddish leaves in the second and fourth photos are on one of hundreds of northern wild raisin shrubs growing on my property.

The third photo shows a leaf on one of two maple trees I transplanted in the fall of 2009. It grew well for a while but moose ate all the leaves off in early summer, then last winter it was broken off by the contractor who plowed my driveway. To my surprise, it started growing again this spring and is now three feet high again. The grey object in the background is a stick that marks the tree so the contractor will not break it off again this winter.

The last image shows leaves of a "burning bush" shrub that I planted in the spring of 2008. At the end of the season, I transplanted it again because I thought it might get damaged by snow clearing. This year it is showing bright red colours and is a beautiful addition to my yard.

No comments:

People

People It's been a while since I shared photos of people going about their daily activities, but I'll add more photos to my People 4...