Friday, February 13, 2009

Flowers




A few of you were disappointed that I am changing subjects today, but I promise I will come back to the Lost? theme soon.

Yesterday, one person asked how I choose themes for my Photo of the Day. Most mornings I get up between 5:00 and 6:00 AM and browse Picasa 3 to look for photos that I think may be of interest to the 750 people on my lists. Once I find a couple of images. I write a short commentary, then send. The whole process takes 45 minutes to an hour. In the evenings I read email replies to my photos and sometimes will get an idea for a new theme for the following day. I tried an A-Z theme a few times and most of you enjoy those photos as well. If you would like to make a request for a photo theme, let me know and if I have images, I will send them.

For the next few days, I plan to send images of flowers. It's been a strange winter here on the Avalon Peninsula - cold spells, warming, snow then rain. There is ice everywhere with very little snow cover. The flower photos will add a little colour to our days!

I am not certain about the species of flowers shown today. I think the first photo, taken in the Brigus area, shows a type of heather. The second image was taken in the Bonita Springs area of Florida and shows a wild flower that reminds me of a petunia. The third was taken in a greenhouse in St. John's in late March, 2002.

If you can identify the flowers, let me know.


No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...