Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Twinflower

After 2 or 3 days of storms in the past week, people in this part of the world are wishing for Spring and, even though tomorrow is officially the first day of Spring, it certainly doesn't seem like it around here.

As a result, this morning I chose three photos of twinflowers. Actually, these are the first photographs I ever took of this species of wildflower. I was walking through the woods near Holyrood in July 2002, and saw these tiny, delicate, beautiful flowers growing in the moss on a large rock. I remember being surprised that I had never noticed them previously. Since that time, I see them every summer. They bloom in late June to early July around here.

If you want to see other flowers, feel free to check my thirteen PLANTS Galleries on line at:
http://www.lanephotography.com/plants.htm





No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...