Saturday, March 08, 2008

Q - Quilts

The letter Q proved to be a challenge and the only subject beginning with that letter was "quilts".

I sent the photo of the Women in the Fishery quilt over a year ago, but did not send images of individual panels. I have created a web page with larger views of each panel. Feel free to check the images at:
http://www.lanephotography.com/objects/quilt/WOMEN_IN_THE_FISHERY_QUILT.htm

The quilt was created by the Entrepreneur/Crafts class in Riverhead, St. Mary's Bay not long after the Cod Moratorium in the early 90s. The quilt is hanging in the Fisherman's Museum in St. Vincent's on the southern Avalon.

The other colourful images of quilts was taken in a museum in Lobster Cove Lighthouse near Rocky Harbour in Gros Morne National Park.






No comments:

Churches

Churches I am presently adding photos to my Churches 3 Facebook album on my Communities and Culture Page. Wherever I go, I photograph church...