Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Lily

Happy Easter everyone.

Several years ago I visited a local nursery and photographed most species of plants growing in the greenhouses. It was part of a project we were doing in school - every classroom was growing a different species of plant.

The Easter Lilies were in full bloom and the light filtering through the greenhouse was perfect for flower photography. The growth and sales of Easter lilies is a multi-million dollar business, especially this time of the year. According to one website I visited: The beautiful trumpet-shaped white flowers symbolize purity, virtue, innocence, hope and life - the spiritual essence of Easter.

I created a gallery with 9 photos of Easter Lilies.
http://www.lanephotography.com/plants/Easter_lily/Easter%20Lily_01.htm

If you want to brighten your day with images of flowers feel free to check my Virtual Tour of Holland Nurseries, click the link below.
http://www.mqp.k12.nf.ca/holland_nurseries/




1 comment:

bearkat said...

hi bruce...happy easter too....just can't have those lillies around my cats!!1...that was really neat to see the holland nurseries store......thanks..and have a great weekend!!!

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...