Saturday, January 26, 2008

Shapes and Textures

During our snow day yesterday, I redesigned my Shapes and Textures Gallery. There are 18 new photos there if you would like to check them out: http://www.lanephotography.com/shapes_textures/shape.htm.

The first photo this morning shows a close up of the Exploits River near Grand Falls, Newfoundland. I liked the way the ice was forming near the top of a small waterfall. I remember it was a very cold morning and I had hiked a couple of miles on snowshoes before I found this spot. I took 36 slides (around $15 at the time) of the ice and water in this area.

I photographed the twig of a dogberry tree right next to my house in Holyrood. I used close-up filters which changed the shape of the sun setting in the background. I liked the colours and shapes in the ice. This was also scanned from a slide.




No comments:

Bald Eagles

Bald Eagles I spent a rainy day yesterday organizing my Facebook Albums that featured photographs of different bird species. Now, I can find...