Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Red-Shouldered Hawk

I hope you are all enjoying New Year's Day, where ever you may be.

While searching for my Photo of the Day, I came across photos of a red-shouldered hawk that I photographed in Citrus Park, Florida, when I was there last spring. This part of south-west Florida is a great place to photograph birds.

The first photo was taken with my maximum zoom (300 mm), but I was not pleased with the closest view. Using the computer, I cropped closer to the bird giving me the second image, which is a much better view of the bird. The third image was also cropped from a wider view.

There has been at least one pair of red-shouldered hawks nesting within the park boundaries during my last few visits. If you wish to see more photos of this species visit my Gallery at:
http://www.lanephotography.com/birds/red_shouldered_hawk/red_shouldered_hawk_01.htm




No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...