Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Pitcher Plant

On one of my recent snowshoe hikes I photographed several pitcher plants that were "peeking" out of the snow. The remnants of last summer's pitcher plant flowers will rot away by late spring, providing fertilizer for next year's flowers.

We have had 20-30 cm (8-12 inches) of snow since these photos were taken, so these flowers are probably completely under the snow now.

Visit my Pitcher Plant Gallery at: http://www.lanephotography.com/pitcher_plant/pitcher.htm

Wind and blowing snow here today and changing to rain later in the morning. Warming to 3°C (36°F) today which is a break from -17°C (-4°F) we had during the past two days. Brrr.





No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...