Monday, December 17, 2007

Winter Morning

The trees in the first photo are growing in an area that was clear cut back in 1988. I remember taking black and white photos here that year and feeling sad that the forest had been destroyed. Now 20 years later (seems like yesterday) the trees have grown quite tall and the "forest" has returned.

The second photo shows one of the trails and the tracks left by my snowshoes as I walked through here on Saturday.

I stop often to listen to the "silence of winter". There was no wind yesterday, so it was especially quiet. Very peaceful, and beautiful. I consider myself lucky to have all this beauty so close by for the past 25 years.




No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...