Saturday, December 01, 2007

Food

I have been photographing food for nearly 20 years, but since "going digital", I take a lot more photos of meals. It adds to my stock photography collection.

The sliced cantaloupe and tomatoes make interesting images that could be used in science classes to show seeds. I have planted seeds from tomatoes and photographed the growth process from planting, seedlings, blooms, then fruit. I have not done that with the cantaloupe because they do not grow in our climate.

The photos of minerals and fruit are excellent examples of the theme of my Photo of the Day. Many people tell me that they would never think of taking a photo of such "everyday" things, but have begun to look at the world much differently because of the photos I send.





No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...