Thursday, December 13, 2007

Owls

The Salmonier Nature Park, located about 8 km from my house, is a great place to watch and photograph wildlife. Today I am sending a couple of photographs of owls.

The great horned owl is in a wire mesh cage and I had to get as close to the enclosure as possible in order to make sure the wire wasn't visible. I sent 3 other images of this owl to my Photo of the Day Blog on September 5, 2006. Feel free to check them out!

The snowy owl was in an open enclosure and I walked within 30 feet of this beautiful bird.

I have photographs of 25 species of birds, including several species from Florida, on my web site. Feel free to check those out as well - http://www.lanephotography.com/birds/birds_main_01.htm



No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...