Monday, December 10, 2007

Seals

Seals are common around Conception Bay during the Winter months. When there is ice around they climb out on the ice to relax and take in a bit of sun. It was bitterly cold when I took the two photos I am sharing this morning, and I was amazed that they look so warm even when they go back into the freezing water.

The photos I am sharing today were taken a couple of years ago. It isn't cold enough here for the ice to freeze yet. It was 6°C (44°F) on Saturday and it rained for much of the day. The snow we had is nearly gone and there is lots of ice around driveways. There is still a bit of hard snow left in the woods. This is going to be a cold week with highs ranging from -3°C to -8°C. (26°F to 10°F).

Feel free to check my Seals Galleries -
http://www.lanephotography.com/seals/seals.htm
Have a great day!



1 comment:

bearkat said...

aww....now that is something you won't see here!!! have a good week!

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...