Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Brigus

Today I am sharing two photographs of Brigus (approximately 30 km from my home Holyrood) that show the new construction on the waterfront of that community.

I was shocked to see that two, four-story houses have been built there and another very large house is under construction. I find it hard to believe that the town would allow these large houses to be built.

I don't know if they are individual homes or condos that will be sold, but either way, they must be blocking the views of long-time residents of the town. I am not certain that I would call this "progress". Brigus is a beautiful community and I would hate to see it lose it's "quaintness".

The second photo is a closer view of the houses.




No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...