Friday, March 23, 2007

Lilies

It is windy and rainy here in Newfoundland and Labrador at 6:00 am. The temperature is supposed to get up to 8° C (48°F approx) today and with high winds and rain, the snow in the woods will probably be gone after a few more days.

This morning, I am sharing two photos of white lilies. At first I thought they were the same variety, but when I looked at the stamen, I noticed they are different, so I assume they are not the same.

The first image was taken in an outdoor flower garden in direct sunlight. I used my 70-300 mm lens to take this photo because I didn't want to walk into the flower garden to get the photo I wanted.

The second, close-up image was taken inside a greenhouse and the light is much softer (less contrast) than the first photo. I used the macro setting on my digital camera to get this image.





No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...