Friday, March 16, 2007

Birds

Travelling to warmer climates gives me the opportunity to photograph exotic species of birds. Today's photos were taken on Florida during my first visit there in 1980. It was the first time I had seen such colourful birds. I believe the first two are macaws and the third a cockatoo, but I am not certain.

Our students are doing a rainforest unit right now and are looking for photos of birds and animals that live in the rainforest. These include: macaws, parrots, monkeys, apes, gorilla, tigers, poison arrow frogs, snakes, boa constrictor, anaconda, alligators and crocodiles. An expanded list is on line at http://www.mqp.k12.nf.ca/rainforest/rainforest_links.htm


If you have photos that you don't mind students using in projects, feel free to send them to me and I'll make sure that they get on line ASAP.






No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...