Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Carnations

On the first day of Spring, I decided to send flowers to everyone. I like carnations because they have a variety of colours, are prolific and they also smell great.

Both photos were taken without a flash or tripod near our large living room window. Notice the different lighting in each image. The first was taken at an angle nearly parallel to the window and the colours are very soft. In fact, on some monitors, this photo may be too dark.

I moved position so the window was nearly behind me to capture the second image. It was difficult to manoeuvre from this angle and I couldn't get much closer. The lighting is stronger in this image and there is more contrast.

Next time I'll try more angles and use a tripod to see if I can get more spectacular images.




No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...