Sunday, May 01, 2011

Woody Point Lighthouse





Woody Point Lighthouse

Several people on this list have let me know that they love visiting lighthouses and will climb to the top if they are open. In recent years I haven't seen many that were open to the public. Years ago I climbed to the top of Cape Pine and Ferryland lighthouses and may have slides in my files. Maybe I'll have a few to share in the future. I still have a few more lighhouses to cover in this series: Lobster Cove, Ferryland, Twillingate and Cape Spear.

There is a small lighthouse in Woody Point overlooking Bonne Bay in Gros Morne National Park. This morning I've shared spring and summer views of the lighthouse with Gros Morne Mountain and Bonne Bay in the background. Look carefully in the bottom right of the photo under the tree. There was a guy there sketching the lighthouse in the early morning light. While this is a relatively small lighthouse, it certainly has a scenic background no matter where you decide to photograph it from.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel In May 2016, my wife and I had a pleasurable stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta. Of cou...