Saturday, May 14, 2011

Moose 5






Moose 5

In the first photo of the the young one walking across my vegetable gardens, you can see my wife's brother-in-law looking up to see a very skinny moose headed towards him. The young moose looked directly towards me after it wandered into the woods. It was then that I saw the mother for the first time. She was keeping an eye on the young one, but when it came close she drove it again, then wandered down to the front of my son's house near the road. At that point I began shooting a few images in black and white (accidentally changed the settings on my camera). You can see how close to the road the mother moose is yet hardly anyone noticed it.

The moose stayed around for a couple of hours at least. During that time the mother would buck at and push the young one every time it came close. Then she would move away and keep an eye on it until the process started over again.

I have three Moose Galleries at: http://www.lanephotography.com/moose/moose.htm

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

People

People It's been a while since I shared photos of people going about their daily activities, but I'll add more photos to my People 4...