Sunday, May 29, 2011

Holes 2





Holes 2

To be honest, when I started looking for photos that fit the Holes theme, I was surprised to find so many. Yesterday's images were fairly abstract and I received a few interesting comments about my climbing into a rusty barrel to make a picture. That gives me an idea for a future theme - Photos taken in unusual circumstances.

As those of you who follow my Photo of the Day already know, I often photograph musicians, especially their hands. The musical instrument shown in the first image has many holes, or parts with holes, that the musician uses to control his own air to make music.

As I observe ice in brooks and small rivers, I often see holes that have formed as a result of water moving underneath. I enjoy photographing the abstract designs in the ice including the holes which add depth to the images.

The seal's nostrils are holes that it uses to take in deep breaths of air allowing it to stay submerged for quite a while. I just happened to be walking along Holyrood beach when I saw this young seal lying in the water. I was able to get close views using my 70-300 mm lens.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...