Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Moose 2





Moose 2

As promised, I am sharing photos taken of a young moose on Sunday evening in bog near the front of my house. A visitor came to my house around 7:00 pm and told me that there was a moose in my yard. I grabbed my camera and walked slowly, and as quietly as possible, down the driveway until I saw the moose looking in my direction.

I may have mentioned previously that moose have poor eyesight but excellent hearing. This one looked directly at me for a moment but when I stopped, it turned its attention to the people talking near my house. I was able to take a few photos, but when I started to move again, it turned and ran in the opposite direction.

Two years ago I photographed a mother and calf for nearly a year. Since this moose is two or three years old, it is possible that this is the same young bull. Yesterday I went for a walk and saw MANY moose tracks along the trails. Some were so tiny I suspect they were made by calves born very recently. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to see a mother and baby as I wander through the forest with camera in hand!

I have three Moose Galleries at: http://www.lanephotography.com/moose/moose.htm

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

1 comment:

William F. Matthews said...

Great shots. Moose pass through my garden/property, too, but not frequently.

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...