Saturday, May 07, 2011

Cape Spear Lighthouse 3






Cape Spear Lighthouse 3

Thanks again for the comments on my lighthouse series. I have enough images of the lighthouses at Cape Spear chosen and will continue to share for a couple more days.

You may have noticed that I often look up to make images of most lighthouses and the first two this morning illustrate this technique. This lighthouse is small enough to walk around it quickly so I made several different images with different compositions. Someone commented on the perfect sky background for a few of the photos I shared on my Blog yesterday and it is also true of the first three images today. You can see a band of fog just off shore in the fourth image and the fifth, taken on a beautiful summer morning, shows a clear blue sky with strong sidelighting which created interesting lighting on the lighthouse. As I walked away from the area I photographed the grasses with the out of focus door in the background. I included this photo to illustrate that there are many opportunities for photos around any lighthouse.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...