Monday, February 07, 2011

Outer Cove (1982)





Today I am returning to images from scanned slides that were taken in 1982. Outer Cove is located on Marine Drive, just outside of the city limits of St. John's. People living there should see a difference in the town after 29 years. I know this community has grown tremendously since these photos were taken and there are probably houses where the fields in the foreground were then. I have included a winter scene of the same area. I liked the 4 dories pulled up on the wooden slipway. Maybe someone from Outer Cove can let me know if the slipway is still there.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...