Saturday, February 12, 2011

Seals









I took today's photos a couple of hours ago here in Holyrood, Conception Bay. As you can see, it is a bright and sunny day, the kind of day that seals like to climb out of the water and bask in the winter sun.

I think these animals are harp seals though there may be a harbour seal or two among them. I included the last image to show you where the seals were - not on the ice, but on one of the docks at the Holyrood Marina. I was able to get pretty close to them, but when they growled a bit, I backed off. These are wild animals and they do have sharp teeth. :)

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...