Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Middle Cove (1982)






Middle Cove is also located on Marine Drive and is a frequent destination of locals and residents of St. John's. When I lived in the city (1981-82) I took my kids there often, in fact they were with me when I took today's photographs in 1982.

There would be few differences in the cliffs and rocks around Middle Cove in the last 29 years, however, there have been many changes to the area. The road has been paved and concrete steps to the beach and places to sit have been constructed. These days, you can also hike the East Coast Trail along the steep cliffs to watch the waves crashing far below. It is still a good place to see capelin, whales and icebergs in the spring and early summer.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...