Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Animals







I hope you have been enjoying the animal photos taken at the Calgary Zoo during my visit there last Spring. Today is the last in this series for a while. If you are interested in other images of animals at the zoo, check my Blog entries for May and June, 2010.

I believe the fist photo shows a couple of prairie dogs, though I am not certain. I usually take photos of signs, but didn't as I walked through the exhibits. I assumed I would find a list (with images) of the animals when I checked the web site when I got home. The Calgary Zoo does have a list along with images and information, but I haven't been able to find all that I photographed. The deer and pelicans were photographed near a small pond but I didn't see any signs nearby.

Neither of the species shown today live on the island of Newfoundland and the only way to photograph them is to travel outside the province. Zoos give you the opportunity to see (and photograph) animals that are not native to your area.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...